Did you know that it is crucial to wear protective gear while biking? Absolutely! Above all, your safety should come first. That said, it is even more vital to use high-quality full-face helmets every time you mount your bike. The moment you begin to substitute quality for inferior products, you increase your risk of sustaining injuries during a collision.
Helmet Protective Gear
The helmet is a crucial safety gear that protects the face and the head. There are many types of helmets, but we will be reviewing a specific type of helmet for this article.
Types of Helmets
- Full-Face Helmet: This kind of helmet protects your entire face and head. Many bikers prefer this type as it covers the whole head from top to bottom, front to back.
- Open Face Helmet: This type of helmet opens on the face region. It covers the sides of the head and chins only leaving the eye and face region open.
- Modular Helmet: This type of helmet is also known as flip-up helmets. They are in between the open face and full-face helmets. For this type, the chin area flips up, allowing you to switch between a full-face style and an open face style.
- Half Helmet: This type only protects the top of your head, leaving your chin, face, and sides of your head open.
- Off-Road Helmet: This type is a full-face helmet with a distinctive sun peak and angular chin bar. These helmets prioritize airflow; it is mostly used with goggles to protect the eye.
- Dual Sport Helmet: This type has a combination of full-face helmets and off-road helmets features. They have a mixture of angular features with the sturdiness of a full-face helmet.
As with everything else, it is a best practice only to buy products that will give you the best results. In light of this, there are different factors to consider before purchasing full-face helmets for use. When you have these in mind, you will get value for the money you spend.
So what are the primary factors to consider before purchasing full-face helmets?
Points to Consider before Purchasing a Full-face Helmet
Making the right choice of a full-face helmet may pose a challenge if you do not know what to look out for.
The following pointers should help you make the right choice.
- Size: Helmets come in different designations. Before purchasing, make sure your choice is for adults. This is because helmets for adults fit only the heads of adults. Most of them also have straps to accentuate the head appropriately.
On the other hand, if you are not still sure of the size to fit your head, use a measuring tape to measure the circumference of your head. Take this measurement with you to the shop.
- Weight of the Helmet: A weighty helmet on the head may prove very uncomfortable during a journey. It may also not allow the free flow of air to your head. More dangerously, it may not properly protect the head during an accident.
- Safety Certification: Safety standards and laws differ per country. Before purchasing, you need to be sure that the helmet passes the Canadian safety requirements.
Here are some high-quality full-face helmets we recommend and why you should use any of them.
1. ILM Modular Full-face Helmet
This ILM Modular Helmet is a beautiful high-quality piece. It has a durable ABS shell to withstand impacts. It also has a dual visor for safety against the sun. On the inside are durable liners that protect your skin, ensuring both comfort and safety.
Also, this full-face helmet features a one-touch ventilation system for smooth airflow. The surface-mounted chin and crown vents allow air to enter the helmet easily. This also stops the visor from fogging up.
ILM full-face helmet does not only provide security, but it also keeps you connected on the go. It comes with an integrated Bluetooth 3.0 technology.
This can keep you connect to your device as well as that of other riders. Easily answer/reject incoming calls, listen to FM and GPS navigation audio with the one-touch button.
If you do not want to use this helmet as a full-face helmet, press the release button to lift the chin guard. The chin guard is removable and replaceable. It protects against cold and wind while riding.
- It has Bluetooth 3.0 technology with 8 hours of talk time and 110 hours of standby time
- Noise suppression technology
- It has a durable ABS shell
- Dual visor
2. Scorpion EXO-R Full-face Helmet
This scorpion EXO-R is a beautifully well-crafted helmet with a polycarbonate shell and dual-density EPS. This combination gives it a high impact strength and ductility.
Despite its build, this helmet is also lightweight, enabling you to wear them comfortably. Besides, it has an aero-tuned ventilation system which allows the flow of air in and out of the helmet.
Other features of the Scorpion EXO-R helmet include a space to accommodate eyeglasses and a speaker system for communication. Also, this helmet meets all safety standards.
- Aero-Tuned ventilation system
- High quality
- Vent/locking face shield lever
- It has space for glasses
- DOT approved and meets the FMVSS218 standard
3. Galaxy Man Full-face Helmet
The Galaxy man helmet is a beautiful piece that does not only protect but also gives a refreshing biking outlook.
It is a flip-up type of full-face helmet with a heavily cushioned interior. The interior’s liner is removable, replaceable, and washable.
On the exterior are a high-quality ABS shell and a strong, elastic front visor which offers better protection as well.
For proper ventilation, this full-face helmet has a six vent design system that enables airflow in and out of the helmet.
Aside from its beautiful features, this full-face helmet is safety approved. As a result, you can make use of your Galaxy Man Helmet without any fear.
- Strong but lightweight ABS shell
- It has removable interior liners
- The DOT certifies galaxy Man for meeting FMVSS-218 safety standards
- It has an advanced cooling system
4. MMG 27V Full Face Helmet
MMG 27 comes as a lightweight, solid black helmet. It has vented features for optimal airflow.
This full-face helmet has padded interior liners that are removable and washable. These liners make it easy and comfortable to wear.
On the exterior is a wide opening just behind the visor for eyeglasses if you want to wear one. Besides, this helmet is safe to wear as it has passed safety tests.
This helmet has air vents strategically positioned to allow the proper flow of air in and out of the helmet.
- It is made with high-quality materials
- Lightweight sculpted shell
- DOT approved
- It has space for goggles
- Well vented for optimum airflow
5. Shoei X-14 Daijiro TC-1 helmets
SHOEI’s full-face helmet is a well-sculpted beautiful piece for racing. It is made of sturdy materials complying with international safety standard requirement.
Made in collaboration with top racing companies, it intends to be the best among its equals.
The shell is of durable aerodynamic thermoplastic alloy. It is lightweight and impact resistant.
The interior of this full-face helmet is heavily cushioned. Also, the inner liner is removable and washable to protect you from germs.
This full-face helmet has a 5-position ventilation channel and a 3-level ventilation control system. These enable the free flow of air in and out of the helmet.
Aside from its safety features, this full-face helmet has a beautiful glossy UV protection finish. Also, its visor protects the eyes from sun rays.
- High quality
- It removes and prevents fogging
- This helmet has aerodynamic performance
- It has removable interior liners
- Shoei helmet is durable
- It is DOT certified
6. HJC i90 Helmet
HJC has been in existence since 1971. They exclusively manufacture high-quality helmets – the HJC i90 helmet is no exception.
This helmet is designed with advanced CAD technology putting every detail into consideration. It is lightweight, fits properly on the head, and is very comfortable to use.
The outer shell of the HJC i90 is made from Advanced Polycarbonate Composite, which makes it very strong and impact resistant.
Also, the interior is beautifully cushioned to adjust to the head’s shape and provide comfort. The liner therein is removable and washable.
For proper airflow, it makes use of different built-in air vents to properly circulate air around the face.
The visor is specially designed to withstand the effect of the sun’s UV rays and thereby protect your eyes.
- Made of quality and durable materials
- The outer shell is of Advanced Polycarbonate Composite
- It is lightweight
- Designed with advanced CAD technology
- It has a removable and washable liner
- Air vents for airflow
A helmet is necessary for bikers because it protects their head and face region from injury.
Having taken time to read through this article, you now have a better knowledge of full-face helmets for bikers.
We recommend that you consider any of our choices next time you want to make a purchase. Looking for more bike accessories? We’ve got you covered!
Read the next helpful post here: Top 10 Best Motorcycle Riding Glasses