Electric scooters are one of the best gifts you can give your child. These days, kids and toddlers prefer scooters to bicycles or skateboards. Scooters are fun to ride, and it can help children learn how to overcome challenges. And so, getting the best electric scooter for kids should be your top priority.
There are different kinds of products available at online stores, which is why it is good to know which one is best for your kid. It is also essential to learn how to get the best electric scooter for kids. We did our research and now we give you the best products to make your selection easier.
Buyer’s Guide: How to select the Best Electric Scooter For Kids
The type of scooter you buy depends on several factors. Most times, buyers wonder: what age can a child use a scooter? Or are scooters safe for 4-year-olds? To determine which scooter is safe and ideal for your child, let’s look at the critical component in all scooters.
- Motor: This is the most crucial part of a scooter. Generally, fast scooters have more motor power, and they can carry heavier loads. Therefore, scooters with high motor power are suitable for your kids.
- Battery: The best electric scooters for kids use either lithium or rechargeable lead batteries.
- Brakes: A good brake is vital in a scooter for safety. The common types of brake used in scooters are V or disc brakes.
- Frames and Forks: It is advisable to look out for thicker frames so that your child can ride smoothly. Sturdier frames, which are more substantial, are more durable than cheap and weak ones.
Factors to Consider when Buying the Best Electric Scooter for Kids
Speed: The appropriate scooter speed for your child depends on his/her age. So, what is the best electric scooter for a 10-year-old? The scooter with a speed range between 10mph and 15mph is ideal for tweens. Children below this age should stick to lesser speed ranges.
Range: Good electric scooters offer between 40 and 45 minutes of continuous riding. The time should cover up to 10 miles round trip. However, this depends on the battery life and weight of your child.
Charging times: Complete charging takes 12 hours. Nonetheless, cheaper products with faster charging times may offer less riding range.
Price: This depends on your budget and what is suitable for your child. Good scooters are available from $200 upwards.
Also read: Top 20 Electric Bikes for 2020
10 Best Electric Scooters for Kids
GOTRAX GKS Electric Scooter For Kids
This pink option scooter with two durable wheels is ideal for your riders. The speed is limited. You can adjust it by using the buttons on the deck. However, parents still need to supervise the child on how to regulate the speed. The scooter uses the ‘safe step technology,’ which makes sure the product does not engage until both feet are on deck.
- It is made with 6-inch wheels that make it durable to ride across sidewalks and paved areas.
- It weighs 17.8 pounds and can comfortably lift a 154-pound child
- The range limit is four miles.
Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter
This is the best electric scooter for 12-year-old kids. The Razor Pocket Mod comes in seven different colours with bells and whistles, making it a fun ride for your tween. The product makes use of a flexible suspension system; this makes riding enjoyable and smooth by making road bumps even.
- It can operate for 10 miles on a full battery at 12 miles per hour.
- It comes with double 12-inch pneumatic tires, which sturdy requiring little maintenance
- It takes 12 hours to charge fully.
TOMOLOO Foldable Electric Scooter
If you are looking for the best electric scooters for teenagers, TOMOLOO foldable electric scooter is your choice. It is portable with excellent performance, able to carry a rider that weighs 220 pounds. Its air-filled makes it possible to ride on bumpy roads without trouble.
- On a full battery, it ranges from 18.6 miles per hour at a rate of 15.5 miles per hour.
- It uses a lithium-ion battery with a fast charging time of 3.5 hours.
- The frame is durable and robust, made of aerospace-grade aluminium
Razor Power Core E90 Electric Scooter
Beginners in scooter riding can work with Razor Power Core. It is light, portable, and requires little or no maintenance. The hand brakes and low speed makes it safe for a child who is yet to ride a scooter.
- It takes 6-8 hours for complete charging.
- It can carry young children weighing up to 120 pounds.
- Its top speed is 10 miles per hour and rides up to 80 minutes on a full battery.
Razor E300 Kids Electric Scooter
This is the best electric scooter for kids at home. The manufacturers created this product to give riders the most optimized riding experience. It has high torque and twists grip acceleration control that makes it convenient and safe for riders of all ages. They are quite big, so you get a smooth ride over rough surfaces as well.
- It weighs 50 pounds and can comfortably lift a 220-pound kid.
- It comes with pneumatic front and back tires that make rides on the rough road smoother.
- The motor is chain driven and has a top speed of 15 miles per hour.
HOVERSTAR Electric Kick Start Scooter
This is another excellent scooter, loved due to its sleek design. It comes in four colours: Pink, Red, Blue, and Black. As light low-speed scooters, many parents select HOVERSTAR for children that are just learning how to ride.
- It has a top speed of 6 miles per hour and a 5-mile range.
- The height is simple to adjust and fit the size of the rider.
- It comes with hand brakes and hand grips for stability and safety purposes.
TOXOZERS Adult Citycoco 1000W Scooter
Older teens above 16 years can use the TOXOZERS Adult Citycoco electric scooter. The look of the scooter is to die for as it looks quite stylish with a black exterior. The deck, handlebar, wheels everything compliments the overall look and feel. If you are particular about style for his or her rides, then this is the product to go for.
- It uses four 12V lead-acid batteries and hence, has a range between 10 and 20 miles.
- Its motor power is 1000W and can run 20 miles per hour.
Segway Ninebot MAX
Segway Ninebot MAX is an inexpensive option for older teens that are just learning how to ride a scooter. If your child is going to a distant school, this product is a good solution. The scooter travels for up to 40 miles when it is fully charged. And so, your child can have an excellent time exploring the local area or enjoy their playtime outside when the weather is beautiful.
- Thanks to a motor power of 350W, its top speed is 18.6 miles per hour.
- It has a range of 40.4 miles on a single charge.
- It comes with a 12 months warranty.
Glion Dolly Foldable Electric Scooter
Intended as a commuter scooter, the Glion Dolly is an excellent selection for kids who want to explore different without a car. The scooter comes with a bright headlight and in-built tail reflector. Hence, you are confident that your kid is safe even when he is riding in the dark.
- Its hard construction is made of aircraft-grade powder-coated aluminium.
- With a 250W motor power, its top speed is 15 miles per hour.
- Its 36-volt battery charges fast under 3.5 hours.
Kid Trax Frozen Twinkling Lights Scooter
You have probably seen the featured products above and wondered: Can a toddler ride an electric scooter? The answer is yes. Kid Trax Frozen Twinkling Lights is the best electric scooter for kids between 2 and 3 years old.
- It comes with interactive lights and sounds.
- Its simple foot pedal operation makes it easy to ride for toddlers.
- It has a beautiful design that will look very appealing to girls.
Electric scooters are lovely for children of all ages and don’t need much trouble to ride. It does not matter whether you decide to go for Razor products or Glion scooters. The most important thing is to get the best electric scooters for kids so they can be happy.